Hi, lovelies. I posted this on October 7, 2016. Though the date has passed and the live event is over, I wanted to let you know that you didn’t miss it! The outstanding programming that Lincoln Center presented on 10/7 is now available on their Facebook page. Go check them out!
Here’s the original post:
Attention! A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is presenting itself TODAY! I just learned that Lincoln Center, the finest jewel in the New York City cultural Crown (and one of my favorite places on the planet), is live streaming on Facebook from 9 AM until curtain down. With unprecedented access both on stage and back stage, this is an event not to be missed!
Just look at this lineup:
“Wake up to the beauty of the Revson Fountain; meet piano virtuoso Lang Lang before his concert with the New York Philharmonic, and film legends at the Film Society’s prestigious New York Film Festival; experience a ballerina’s day with New York City Ballet’s Megan Fairchild; discover an insider’s view of Juilliard; see the magic offstage at the Metropolitan Opera; take an advanced class with the School of American Ballet; get the curators’ perspective at The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts; cook with the chef at Lincoln Ristorante; and be enchanted by musicians from the Chamber Music Society; enjoy a live performance at the David Rubenstein Atrium. From Lincoln Center Theater’s Falsettos to the rhythm at Jazz at Lincoln Center to the Tisch WNET Studios, viewers will see what happens onstage and off, and meet the people who make Lincoln Center the world’s leading cultural campus.” –A Day in the Life at Lincoln Center
I wish I had small children so I could keep them home from school! Okay, yes, I wish it was happening on a rainy weekend day, but I’ll still tune in on my phone whenever I can. I assume the parts I miss will be available on demand once the live stream is concluded.
I’m so excited, I want to put on a tutu (by fourfour) and leap around!
UPDATE: Here’s the schedule of broadcasts so you can plan your day:
- 9:00 am The Juilliard School’s morning drama warm-up class
- 9:50 am Follow New York City Ballet principal dancer Megan Fairchild throughout the day as she prepares for the evening’s performance
- 10:35 am School of American Ballet’s advanced girls’ class with Suki Schorer and the advanced boys’ class with Jonathan Stafford
- 1:00 pm Metropolitan Opera House tour
- 2:30 pm The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center rehearsal
- 4:00 pm Jazz at Lincoln Center tour and a performance by Elio Villafranca and Abdou Mboup
- 5:00 pm Performance by Lang Lang
- 8:30 pm Performance by pioneering jazz pianist Marc Cary
- 10:40 pm Join the fans at Lincoln Center Theater’s production of Falsettos on Broadway’s stage door at the Walter Kerr Theatre