DISCLAIMER: I am religiously neutral, so do not mistake this for a religious message.
I really like this guy. I love what he has to say about happiness and peace and acceptance of other people, and I think there are lessons to be learned here for people of all faiths and people of no faith, too. This one’s for you, Mom!
The Pope’s 10 Tips for a Happier Life (full text can be seen on the Catholic News Service)
1. Live and let live
2. Be giving of yourself to others
3. Proceed calmly
4. Maintain a healthy sense of leisure
5. Sundays should be holidays
6. Find innovative ways to create dignified jobs for young people
7. Respect and take care of nature
8. Stop being negative
9. Don’t proselytize; respect others’ beliefs
10. Work for peace